QuickBooks Cannot Open Your File (QuickBooks Error -6144, -82)
QuickBooks, an easy to use bookkeeping application, is worthy to a wide range of organizations. Be that as it may, corporate clients may discover different issues, while running this product. For example, QuickBooks may show an error message while you are attempting to open one of your records. You can discover message-We're sad; QuickBooks Couldn't open your record (QuickBooks Error - 6144, - 82). This is an exceptionally normal issue for some clients.
Be that as it may, there might be a few explanations for the inability to open record:-
- Perhaps, you have damaged the file while you opened it for your previous usage.
- You have stored the file in corrupted hard drive.
- Templates of transaction are open in your business file
- Wrong QuickBooks version
- Issues in file location
The most important thing that you should do is to make out whether the issue is related to QuickBooks software or your business file. To do so, you have to-
- Hit Control Key
- Hold this key and double click on the icon of the software
While you cannot open this program with this step, the main problem is in your software. However, while QuickBooks starts working, you should open any of your business files (sample). If that gets opened, the issue is related to the particular file, which you have been trying to open previously.
Different Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error -6144, -82
Let the file get transferred to another site
Perhaps, you have saved your file in network drive. Now, you have to copy this file and then transfer it to another location (local drive). While you find success in doing it, you have to configure your network. QB File Doctor is helpful in this task.
- Choose drive for making a different folder
- Then, open it to access the saved file
- Holding your Ctrl key, you may now choose your .qbw file as well as the related.TLG file.
- After right clicking, you can find the option- Copy
- Then, paste your file on this fresh folder
Direct opening of the file from Desktop version
- Open your QuickBooks for choosing the menu- File. Then, click on the option, Open
- Hit the right button, related to file type that you need
- Browse your file location
- Pick your file for opening it. Here, you can also choose any location, while opening .QBM or .QBX file.
You will now need to connect with QuickBooks Tech Support Number and get yourself arranged. To have all the assistance call our specialized support proadvisors at 1888-396-0208.